Do you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? If you wake up from your bed in a bad mood, you are pretty much sure to face a day of challenges and hurdles from dawn to dusk. This write-up presents suggestions for greatly boosting your temperament, and how to take advantage of that.
Wake up on the Wrong Side of the Bed -Try Getting to Sleep Happy
- Before going to bed, reflect on everything that happened in the day. When you do so and be thankful for all the good things, you will become peaceful, relaxed and stress-free in the morning.
- This way you can boost the quality of sleep, enhance your efficiency for the following days’ routine, ensure an increased level of energy the next day, and even enable you to make better food selections and eating. Whereas, when you are in a bad mood, stressed or depressed, as studies show, you tend to eat more of high- sugar or high-carb foods.
You Should Ensure a Consistent Nighttime Schedule
- Concentrate on a stiff night time routine to ensure that you will constantly feel rejuvenated and wake up fresh in the morning as well.
- Begin to sleep at least an hour ahead of your usual time, and get up early by an hour. If you generally go to sleep by 10 pm, go by 9 pm, etc.
- Turn your night hours into a quality time, instead of just “zoning out” watching a TV show.
- Switch over to a personalized routine, and enjoy something which de-stresses you therefore you won’t ever go to sleep irritated. Consider a pastime that lets you cool down and unwind.
- Plan a write up or a blog post, take a bubble bath, or play some relaxation or classical music.
- TV time to end at least an hour before bedtime.
- If you are a good cook and love home food, be sure you finish eating at least a few hours earlier to bedtime as late dinner may cause insomnia.
- Have a bath, and imagine the fresh, clean water that goes surging down on your back and neck as restoring you from all your stress and anxiety. As you wash yourself clean, visualize the dirt and grime getting cleansed of your body as the strain, weight and stress of your day dipping down the drain pipe, and at the same time, getting rejuvenated as well as revitalized.
- Make it a routine to read something positive ahead of bedtime and forget about late-night TV.
- Apply some drops of your favorite soothing fragrance on the pillow, like lavender, lemon or eucalyptus.
- Keep away from whatever papers, related to your work which have found their way into your bedroom. They have no place in the bedroom! Keep anything related to your workplace, including your mobile phone which may have office emails or messages, in a selected place in your home; if no such place, have them safe in your briefcase. Studies reveal that doing office work in bed room elevates anxiety, and if you are creating a practice of checking or composing email messages late at night, you have rarely turned yourself “off” from the anxiety and providing yourself a chance to relax, rest and rewind.
A Few Concluding Words…
When you organize your day for success by employing a positive attitude and providing yourself a dedicated night time schedule that will help you relax, meditate and reflect, you’ll ensure you don’t wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Implement these pointers to be able to wake up happy, gracious and joyful each and every morning!